What personal information do we collect?
When ordering, registering on our site, signing up for our newsletter, or as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help us process your order, keep you up-to-date on service offerings, and improve your overall experience when interacting with The Workshop.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site, within our app, or at The Workshop.
How do we use information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content, product offerings, and services in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer contests, promotions, surveys.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (email, phone, or personal inquiries).
How do we protect visitor information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, known vulnerabilities, and malware in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information all to ensure that the safety of your personal information is maintained.
- All transactions are processed through a PCI compliant gateway provider and personal credit card, bank card, or other financial account information is not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you disable cookies, some features may be disabled, but It probably won't affect your experience on our site in any significant way.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to optimize our marketing programs.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
• By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to you or continue to send emails to you after the original transaction has occurred pertaining to similar products, services, or specials.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email to opt-out of all future marketing emails.
1104 Summit St
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401